Influence

Image
It has been a long while since I have posted anything here. I have been busy completing three years toward my B.A. in English and my senior year is underway. My current class (Creative Writing) has finally given me the space to take off the tight harness of academic writing rules, and it feels SO GOOD!! After reading my first assignment, Mom and Daddy gave it their thumbs up and suggested I make it a blog post, so here it is. It is my story and their story. It's a little longer than my usual posts, but as with everything I have ever posted here, I pray it encourages you to run "up the sunbeam to the sun" (C. S. Lewis). "Follow my example,  as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1 NIV I sat above them on the stairs. Looking down through the window-like openings in the partition between the living room and the stairway, I listened to the basketball players, football players, baseball players, wrestlers, track athletes, both the lettermen

God Is Not Afraid of the Dark

--

"The light still shines
in the darkness
and the darkness
has never put it out."

Caught and captivated by the spangled darkness of a starry and moonless night; the sky seems a limitless ink well, glossy and liquid and black and . . . somehow comforting in the quiet way of shadows.

Just in case you wondered . . . just in case you thought so, the enemy does not own the dark!

Sometimes,
the dark is just
the best
backdrop for
light.

Nowhere is beauty more stunning than in the vividness of contrast, and God is a Master of it! His Shekinah, His powerful, dwelling Presence, blazed glory-fire in a mighty pillar, lighting up the desert nights for His children.  It was not only to give help and comfort to them, but as a warning to anyone who might try to attack . . .

My people are not alone in the dark!
My people are protected!
My people are MINE!!
I. AM. HERE!!!

God is not afraid of the dark! 

"And they will tell the inhabitants of this land about it.
They have already heard that you, LORD, are with these people
and that you, LORD, have been seen face to face,
that your cloud stays over them,
and that you go before them in a pillar of cloud by day
and a pillar of fire by night."

O Father of Lights, how you light up the darkness of this shadowed planet! How I thank You that You are not afraid of the dark and that You will never leave me alone and unguarded in it!! 

Where is God lighting up the dark in your life?
Tell me how God is teaching you through the beauty of contrast!
___________________________________

Joining Ann Voskamp in counting His graces for her Multitudes on Mondays
I hope you'll join in if you haven't already!
In the counting of the endless gifts I say with C. S. Lewis,
"This also is Thou!"


#626-640
626. Slow motion arc of powerful sprinklers watering a baseball field in the morning sun
627. Sound of a home run hit off a wooden bat
628. She So Sweet teaching herself to play piano
629. Anticipation of something good!
630. A tow-headed toddler, barefoot in the grassy park, squealing the delight of freedom
631. The golden shimmer of sunset at the marina
632. One World Vision child, our Suganya who we have loved for 8 years, no longer needs our sponsorship because her community is now thriving!  We'll miss you sweetheart!  Go with God!
633. A seven-year old beauty named Gudiya who needs our sponsorship now! We love you already!
634. Mother-daughter time together and things only the two of us know
635. Drummer Boy taking a stand as the professional he is
636. That true colors ALWAYS come out
637, Fiona in New Delhi who helped me with my data restoration
638. Hero Husband's excellent cooking!
639. facebook chat, night owl to night owl
640. Best possible outcome to a sticky situation!


Joining Michelle DeRusha for:

Joining L.L. Barkat for:
On In Around button

Joining Laura Boggess for:

and joining Jen and her Sisterhood:


A heartfelt thank you to these generous bloggers
who make these communities available!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Wrapped in Flesh

Stacking Lack or Gathering Bounty?

Simple Simplicity