Influence

Image
It has been a long while since I have posted anything here. I have been busy completing three years toward my B.A. in English and my senior year is underway. My current class (Creative Writing) has finally given me the space to take off the tight harness of academic writing rules, and it feels SO GOOD!! After reading my first assignment, Mom and Daddy gave it their thumbs up and suggested I make it a blog post, so here it is. It is my story and their story. It's a little longer than my usual posts, but as with everything I have ever posted here, I pray it encourages you to run "up the sunbeam to the sun" (C. S. Lewis). "Follow my example,  as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1 NIV I sat above them on the stairs. Looking down through the window-like openings in the partition between the living room and the stairway, I listened to the basketball players, football players, baseball players, wrestlers, track athletes, both the lettermen

Easter's Gratitude in Passover's Song

--
I will continue with the series on brokenness later in the week, but this weekend my heart is filled with Easter!


Passover . . . God's foreshadowing of His plan to send Heaven's perfect Lamb to shed the blood of the final sacrifice. Passover was the picture that prepared Israel for the real deliverance that would come to all who would put the Lamb's blood over the doorposts of their hearts.

In the Passover Seder is a joyous little song that catalogs ancient highlights of God's leading of His people, Israel.  After each remembrance of God's action on their behalf comes the Hebrew word Dayenu, which means something close to "it would have been enough" or "it would have sufficed for us."  They say it again and again, Dayenu. They sing the song, with its repeating chorus Dayenu, Dayenu, Dayenu.  From the plagues He sent against Egypt to sparing their firstborn in the final plague, from opening the Red Sea to destroying their enemies, and finally from giving them His Word to leading them through the desert all the way to the Promised Land, they recall each grace with the refrain of Dayenu, declaring that any one of these miracles would have been enough, and yet God did, not just one, but all of them, and more.

Like the children of Israel, we look back and celebrate the ways God has worked in the world and in our lives.  Jesus' death on Calvary's cross and His glorious and radical resurrection that first Easter Sunday morning were the culmination of the story only symbolized in Passover.

Passover people know to count the graces too--we Easter people know the gratitude with which they sing, Dayenu!

Jesus promised so many wonderful things and He will do them all, but
if winning our salvation
was the only thing Jesus ever did for us,
DAYENU!
IT WOULD!
HAVE BEEN!
ENOUGH!


 “'Do not be afraid,
for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
He is not here; He has risen, just as He said.'"


Have you met this Jesus who died that we might live?
Is the light of His life and the power of His resurrection shining in you and through you?
___________________________________

Joining Ann Voskamp in counting His graces for her Multitudes on Monday
I hope you'll join in if you haven't already!
In the counting of the endless gifts I say with C. S. Lewis,
"This also is Thou!"

#446-460

446. The hot tub we bought when times were easier--feels so good!
447. Generous Drummer Boy and the Jason Castro CD he bought for me!
448. Provision
449. Ideas stacked up, ready to go
450. Young people who practice discernment
451. Cool tile on bare feet
452. The squirrel/cat/racoon "highway" that runs along the top of our fence and the entertainment it provides. :)
453. My family history information safe on a backup disk when I needed it!
454. No damage, no harm when we had a brush with ugliness.
455. Hero Husband getting to play golf for the first time in ages!! 
456. Ben Hur with my family for our own private Good Friday remembrance
457. Country music where Jesus is almost always welcome!
458. The cross
459. The victory Jesus won there
460. Knowing that  JESUS IS ALIVE!

Joining Michelle DeRusha for:



and for the first time, joining Jen and her Sisterhood


A heartfelt thank you to these generous bloggers
who make these communities available!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Wrapped in Flesh

Stacking Lack or Gathering Bounty?

Simple Simplicity